We are currently seeking a permanent, full time Assistant Controller who is organized, detail oriented and works well independently and as a team with minimal supervision.
Reporting to the Controller, this position provides support for the day to day accounting functions of the corporation by providing accurate financial information.
- Analyze and reconcile various accounts monthly
- Prepare and post month-end adjusting entries and accruals
- Maintain capital asset sub-ledger and subsequent amortization schedules
- Record and maintain the financial records and required filings of associated companies through to financial statement preparation
- Reconcile inter-company transactions and balances
- Research, plan and forecast outcomes for special projects
- Perform other accounting duties during staff vacancies
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Diploma or degree in Accounting
- Professional designation
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience
- Ability to recognize matters of priority
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong Excel skills
- Commensurate with experience and education
Qualified applicants may submit their resume indicating wage expectation via
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail or In Person – 1473 Rosslyn Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 6W1
- Fax - 807.475.5456
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taranis is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.