Civil Construction Superintendent
If you have a minimum of 5 years’ superintendent experience; ideally in a heavy civil construction environment, we want to hear from you.
Based in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Taranis has built a solid reputation by providing industry-leading performance to clients in a variety of sectors. Taranis offers a wide range of services including road building, heavy construction, excavation, maintenance and demolition.
- Daily supervision and coordination of all construction activities, ensuring work is being completed in accordance with the project schedule and specifications
- Effectively manage field employees by providing guidance and leadership
- Participate in site meetings as needed
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts
- Complete daily reports as required
- Attend lead project meetings with internal/external parties to monitor and support projects
- Various other coordination, scheduling and management responsibilities as required
- In-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of heavy civil construction operations an asset
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently in a fast paced, challenging environment, able to multi-task, manage and meet deadlines and adapt easily to change
- Valid driver’s license
- Superior interpersonal skills, able to interact with all levels in a professional, positive manner, able to build trusting relationships and be a team player
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office products
- Must be fluent in English – speak, read and write
- Competitive compensation package
Anticipated Start Date
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taranis is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.