Heavy Equipment Mechanic
If you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working on heavy equipment a/o heavy trucks, we want to hear from you.
Based in Thunder Bay, Taranis has built a solid reputation by providing industry-leading performance to clients in a variety of sectors. We offer a wide range of services including road building, heavy construction, excavation, maintenance and demolition.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul and maintain equipment; including emission control systems, engine repair, service attachments & working tools, electrical & electronic systems, diesel engines, hydraulic systems and drive train components
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Complete maintenance reports and documentation
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance
- Perform all duties in accordance with company health and safety regulations
- Other related duties as required
- Completion of high school
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract and reliable means of transportation
- Welding experience would be an asset
- Must be fluent in English – speak, read and write
- Permanent, full time position
- Rotating work schedule
- Wage based on experience
Anticipated Start Date
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or In Person – 1473 Rosslyn Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 6W1
- Fax - 807.475.5456
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taranis is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.